In 1981, seven engineers started Infosys Limited with just US$250. From the beginning, the company was founded on the principle of building and implementing great ideas that drive progress for clients and enhance lives through enterprise solutions. It has a growing global presence with 242,371 employees.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. Enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With nearly four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises.
Infosys has also empowered the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Infosys has 82 sales and marketing offices and 123 development centers across the world as of 31 March 2018, with a major presence in India, United States, China, Australia, Japan, Middle East, and Europe. Since its establishment in 1981 till 2014, the CEOs of Infosys were its promoters, with N.R. Narayana Murthy leading the company in its initial 21 years.
Dr. Vishal Sikka was the first non-promoter CEO of Infosys who worked for around 3 years. Dr. Vishal Sikka resigned in August 2017. In a personal note to board colleagues, Sikka cites a "drumbeat of distractions" and "false, baseless, malicious and increasingly personal attacks" as his reason for leaving Infosys. Many sources suspect this is in reference to a long-running feud with Infosys Founders over the new direction Sikka was reportedly taking Infosys.
After his resignation, UB Pravin Rao was appointed as Interim CEO and MD of Infosys Infosys appointed Salil Parekh chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) of the company with effect from 2 January 2018 The recruitment and selection process at Infosys is geared towards finding the best match between candidate’s test and company requirements.
.Attributes to which the hiring manager looks here are analytical ability, teamwork, leadership skills, communication skills, ability to innovate along with professional competence and academic excellence.
Pros of the company joining
1. Infosys provides the best training that you can ever undergo (My personal Experience). Infosys has made a large training campus at Mysore to train freshers. It provides training on various technologies with excellent study material, well-created PPTs, and online learning tools.
2. Less stressful work so you can learn other technologies side by side if you wish. Infosys provides Good facilities and has a good infrastructure to maximize the use of all possible options.
3. The Work environment is good.
4. Good Onsite Opportunities (If you can survive in Infosys for more than 3-4 Years)Infosys conducts training programs on various new technologies side by side. You can register yourself and learn the new technologies that you want.
5. If you have plans for higher studies then Infosys is good for you. Work pressure is less so you can study and prepare for MBA or MTech and give exams.
6.Finally, the major point is Infosys has a brand value and good fame. It can help you to get a good package in small companies if you are good in your domain.
Cons of infosys
1. Project distribution is random. No matter which technology you are interested in or good at, you will be given a project on a random basis.
2. No challenging work to do. No hard coding. If you are a keen coder or love coding, Infosys is not for you. Most projects are on a Support & Maintenance basis.
3. Payscale is less fresher as compared to other companies. (On a higher Job level, it is still OK).
4. Too much of Variable Pay component.
5. You need to read/practice your favorite domain on your own to brush up your skills if you want your career in that domain only. Thus, moving out of Infosys to get a job in your domain in another company.
6. You have to maintain average working hours of 9.15 yearly.
Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Interview process of Infosys
- Aptitude test process -This includes logical reasoning, quantitative ability, and verbal ability. The questions asked are similar to the CAT exams but with lower difficulty levels. This test contains time limits and cutoffs for each. The number of questions in this round contains 65. There is no negative marking attending all the questions is better.
- Technical interview process - Candidates are generally asked questions based on their CV and their area of interest. Sound knowledge of at least one programming language, information about operating systems, and awareness of the latest emerging technologies are some things that could help you notch up a good score in this round. Questions are asked based on their CV and their area of interest.
- HR interview process- The objective here is to access whether you are a good fit for the company. The question asked here is almost to check your communication and your background. Confident, eye contact is important, be brief in the point of whatever you are going to say. Once you complete this round you will receive results through mail. It takes several weeks to receive an offer letter so be patient.
Infosys Aptitude questions test pattern for the interview process
|Sections||Topics||No of questions|
|Logical reasoning||Data sufficiency, visual reasoning, statement reasoning||15|
|Quantitative aptitude||Number series, puzzles, algebra, probability||10|
|Verbal ability||Fill in the blanks, Synonyms, Antonyms, vocabulary||40|
Percentage criteria and salary in Infosys
Min 60% in 10th and 12th, 65% and above in degree for attained to interview process
Salaray package:1,47,264-11,80,812 a year.
How to apply for the off-campus drive
1. Visit the official website www.infosys.com.
2. Choose a suitable job role.
3. Enter the details correctly.
4. Press the submit button.
5. Fill details in the registration form and click on submit.
6. Please note the reference id and password.
7. Note the reference number for further use.
Online Application process:
1. Information seminar /career Fairs.
2. Apply to the instep.
3. Resume is evaluated: Once it reaches the instep team it is evaluated by a committee of specialists.
4. Telephonic interview: After having a successful resume evaluation, candidates will be invited to attend a telephonic interview. As the interview will be based on the applicant's resume, it is advisable to be prepared to discuss all skills, strengths, and experiences mentioned in the resume.
5. Shortlisted candidate: Receives an offer letter, Student confirms receipt of the offer letter, Visa Preparation, and Logistics, Arrival Integration.