Best Car Insurance For College Students in 2022
Car Insurance For College Students 2022, students offer complete coverage and benefits, as well as a variety of discounts and features to make car insurance more affordable to younger generations. Finding the cheapest car insurance for college students doesn’t have to be as hard as your linguistics course.
The best car insurance for college students offers complete coverage and benefits, as well as a variety of discounts and features to make car insurance more affordable to younger generations.
To identify the cheapest vehicle insurance for college students, our research team conducted an industry-wide assessment, taking into account financial ratings, customer service reputation, coverage, and discounts.
5 Best Car Insurance For College Students
We researched the best insurance companies in the country and ranked the top seven based on pricing, coverage, and college student discounts. In this study, we discovered that State Farm provides the best overall vehicle insurance for college students.
- State Farm Auto Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Geico Auto Insurance
- Safeco Auto Insurance
- AAA Car Insurance
- Allstate Auto Insurance
1. State Farm Auto Insurance
State Farm offers a variety of insurance products, including home, life, vehicle, and renters insurance. Because of its low prices, incentives, and comprehensive coverage, this firm is a wonderful option for college students looking for vehicle insurance.
Here are some of the State Farm discounts that help college students save money on vehicle insurance:
- 1. Steer Clear®: A driving refresher course for drivers under the age of 25. Drive Safe & SaveTM: The usage-based savings scheme from State Farm
- 2. Discount for students away at school: For drivers under the age of 25 who live away from home and solely drive an insured automobile at home.
- 3. Discount for students: For achieving good grades in college, you can get a discount of up to 25%.
- 4. Discount for driver training: For pupils under the age of 21 who have completed a driving education course that has been approved.
2. Auto-Owners Insurance: Best Coverage For Students
Auto-Owners Insurance offers savings to good students as well as optional coverage that is particularly enticing to younger drivers. The following are some of the discounts available to college students:
- Good student discount: College students who maintain a B or above grade-point average might save up to 20% on vehicle insurance.
- Student away school discount: Students who attend school more than 100 miles away from home and do not have access to a vehicle are eligible for further discounts.
- Discount for teen driver monitoring: If you have a GPS system permanently placed in your vehicle, you may be eligible for further discounts.
Along with basic coverage such as liability auto insurance,Auto-Owners Insurancealso offers the following unique coverage choices that may be particularly beneficial to inexperienced drivers. Consider the following vehicle insurance add-ons for college students:
- Road trouble service: Someone will meet you where you are to get you rolling again if you are stuck without gas, locked out of your car, have a flat tyre, or have another mechanical fault such as a dead battery.
- Additional expense: Expenses can quickly mount after an accident that renders your vehicle immobile. This can be used to cover the cost of a rental automobile as well as payment for lost time on the road.
- Personal vehicle and package: This is a bundle of over ten additional coverages for one low price to protect you from identity theft, lock rekeying, cell phone replacement, and more.
3. Geico Auto Insurance
Geico is one of our top picks for vehicle insurance for college students because of its low rates, attractive discounts, and excellent satisfaction and dependability ratings.
Customers can choose liability limits and optional coverage like roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement when it comes to policies from Geico. The following are some of the savings and supplementary insurance products that make this provider particularly appealing for college students looking for vehicle insurance:
- Driver's education discount: Young drivers who have completed an approved driver's education course are eligible for this discount.
- Discount for students: Students between the ages of 16 and 24 can save up to 15% on their tuition if they maintain a B average or higher.
- Mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI): In the case of a breakdown, mechanical breakdown insurance protects certain mechanical automotive components. It can help you save hundreds of dollars on repairs. Customers reported paying $72 to $120 per year for Geico MBI via the internet.
4. Safeco Auto Insurance
Safeco's Teen Safety Rewards Program offers a variety of discounts for young drivers, not just teens, making it a good choice for college students. The following are some of the discounts:
- Any full-time student with a GPA of at least 3.0 is eligible for this discount (B).
- Program for driver education: To qualify for this discount, you must complete an approved driver education course.
- Distant student discount: If you attend school more than 100 miles away from home and do not drive, you will receive a reduction on your auto insurance.
Medical reimbursement coverage, accident forgiveness, and a decreasing deductible are just a few of the features that Safeco provides to its customers. These forms of coverage can help college students get a good vehicle insurance policy:
- First-aid reimbursement: This gives up to $10,000 in reimbursements for first-aid provided to you or your passengers following an accident.
- Forgiveness for mishaps: After their first at-fault claim, good drivers won't experience a significant boost in rates.
- Customer deductibles reduce by $100 per day for every year a driver goes claim-free with Safeco, up to a maximum of five years ($500).
5. AAA Car Insurance
AAA is most renowned for its top-rated roadside assistance service, which could be beneficial to college students who have limited driving experience. It does, however, provide affordable student vehicle insurance.
These supplementary "plan upgrades" can be purchased in addition to standard coverage:
- Essential: Assures that the cost of your plan will not rise as a result of minor claims (under $250 in value if at-fault, up to $750 if not-at-fault).
- Advantage: If you've been claim-free with AAA for five years, you'll be eligible for full claim forgiveness.
- Ultimate: One claim is forgiven from the start of your insurance and you can get a $50 credit every time you renew your policy.
6. Allstate Auto Insurance
If you have a question regarding your policy, Allstate has a large number of local agents that can assist you in person or over the phone. Although this provider is more expensive than the others on our list, it offers extensive coverage and substantial discounts, including:
- Full-time college students under the age of 25 who maintain a B- or above, complete the teenSMARTTM program, or attend school more than 100 miles away from home are eligible for the smart student discount.
- Drivewise®: Allstate's safe driving program uses the Allstate Drivewise app to track driving behaviors. The information acquired by this app will never be used against you to raise your rates; instead, it will only be used to qualify you for auto insurance discounts for college students.
- Discount for using the EZ pay plan: Make your vehicle insurance payments and save by setting up automatic deductions.
- Claim satisfaction guarantee: This guarantees a quick, fair, and painless process or your money back.
Most often, the most economical auto insurance for college students is the finest. Staying on your parents' insurance as a freshman in college may be the cheapest option, but if you decide it's time to obtain your own, check for discounts and additional coverage that might save you money in the long run.