Profit and Loss Aptitude Questions and Answers
profit and Loss Online Practice Aptitude Questions and Answers to crack the interview process So, all the aspirants who are ready to participate in various competitive exams.
Aptitude questions and answers on profit and loss
1. A man buys a toy for Rs. 25 and sells it for Rs. 30. Find his gain/loss percentage.
2. Samant bought a microwave oven and paid 10 % less than the original price. He sold it with 30% profit on the price he had paid. What percentage of profit did Samant earn on the original price?
3. A vendor bought bananas at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
4. The cost price of 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles. If the profit is 25%, find out the value of x?
5. A manufacturing company employs 10 machines, the aggregate output of which for a year is Rs 42000, and pays 10% of the profit to its shareholders. The manufacturing expenses for a year are Rs.1800 per machine and the establishment charges Rs 9000 per annum. What percent of the original profit will it pay to its shareholders, if one machine breaks down and are idle for one year?
A. 7 3/10 %
B. 3 %
C. 8 2/5 %
D. 9 1/3 %
6. If a man reduces the selling price of a fan from Rs.400 to Rs.380, his loss increases by 2%. The cost price of the fan is
A. Rs. 480
B. Rs. 500
C. Rs. 600
D. Rs. 1000
7. John buys an old scooter for Rs. 4700 and spends Rs. 800 on its repairs. If he sells the scooter for Rs. 5800, what is his gain percent?
C. 4 4/7%
D. 5 5/11%
8. If the selling price is doubled the profit triples. Find the profit percent.
A. 66 2/3
C. 105 1/3
9. A shopkeeper fixes the marked price of an item 35% above its cost price. The percentage of discount allowed to gain 8% is
10. The owner of an electronics shop charges his customer 22% more than the cost price. If a customer paid Rs 10,980 for a DVD player, then what was the cost price of the DVD player?
A. Rs 8000
B. Rs 8800
C. Rs 9500
D. Rs 9000
11. The cost price of 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles. If the profit is 25%, find the value of x?
12. A shopkeeper buys a TV at Rs.42000 and sells it at Rs.45000.What is his profit or loss?
13. Alfred buys an old scooter for Rs. 4700 and spends Rs. 800 on its repairs. If he sells the scooter for Rs. 5800, his gain percent is:
A. 4 4/7%
B. 5 5/11%
14. Find profit or loss: C.P = Rs.870 and S.P = Rs.770
15. A dealer buys a product at Rs. 1920, he sells at a discount of 20% still he gets the profit of 20 %. What is the selling price of that product?