tips to crack the TCS interview process and brief explain about TCS in 2023
Tata consultancy services limited(TCS) is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company. Interview process for tcs Technical interview, Managerial interview and HR interview
Tata consultancy services limited(TCS) is an Indian multinational information technology services and consulting company.TCS is the second-largest company by market capitalization. Tata consultancy services are now placed among the most valuable IT services brands worldwide. In 2015, TCS was ranked 64th overall in the Forbes World`s Most Innovative Companies ranking, making it both the highest-ranked IT services company and the top Indian company. It is the world`s largest IT services provider. In April 2018, TCS became the first Indian IT company to reach $100 billion in market capitalization, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, initially started as "Tata Computer Systems" was founded in 1968 by the division of Tata Sons Limited. Its early contracts included punched card services to sister company TISCO (now Tata Steel), working on an Inter-Branch Reconciliation System for the Central Bank of India, and providing bureau services to Unit Trust of India.
TCS established the first software research center in India, the Tata Research Development and Design Centre, in Pune, India in 1981. TRDDC undertakes research in Software engineering, Process engineering, and systems research. Researchers at TRDDC also developed MasterCraft (now a suite of digitization and optimization tools), a Model-Driven Development software that can automatically create code based on a model of software, and rewrite the code based on the user`s needs. Research at TRDDC has also resulted in the development of Sujal, a low-cost water purifier that can be manufactured using locally available resources. TCS deployed thousands of these filters in the Indian Ocean tsunami disaster of 2004 as part of its relief activities.
This product has been marketed in India as Tata swach, a low-cost water purifier. CS and its 67 subsidiaries provide a wide range of information technology-related products and services including application development, business process outsourcing, capacity planning, consulting, enterprise software, hardware sizing, payment processing, software management, and technology education services. The firm`s established software products are TCS BaNCS and TCS MasterCraft, TCS runs the country`s passport project, and India Post`s digital and financial inclusion project, among other eGovernance projects. India contributed about $1.2 billion to TCS` revenue in the fiscal year 2019, although the company does not give a breakup of government & private sector revenue.
In terms of employment opportunities, TCS is the 4th largest employer in India. In the case of job recruitment, the selection is the process to choose potential working persons for a company or organization. The recruitment process includes a selection stage when decisions are made as to the viability of a particular candidate`s job application. It directly affects the overall productivity of an organization. A right selection may increase the overall performance of a company & a wrong one may lead to material and financial loss. A perfect selection process can help to pick the most eligible candidates amongst all applicants. The Process of selecting candidates focuses on abilities, knowledge, skills, experience, and various other related factors.
Location: India, Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Asia.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharastra,India
Founders: J.R.D.Tata, F.C.Kohli
Pros and Cons:
Pros: Job Security, Less Burden, Flexible timings, Cons: Politics in Rating & Promotion Work Distribution.
TCS Aptitude questions test pattern for the interview process
|Sections||A number of questions:||Time allotted|
1. Technical interview
2. Managerial interview
3. HR interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company`s technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
A managerial Interview is much different from entry-level job interviews. Instead of asking you about your skills, the hiring manager will address a number of different competencies. This helps the hiring manager understand how you`ll think and act in tough management situations.
The final step to selecting a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate`s personality. Questions can be of a wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses, strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family, etc.
Test Description in TCS
- The total time allotted for the written exam is 90 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.33 in the Quantitative Aptitude and Programming Language Efficiency section but there is no negative marking in the rest of the sections.
- The quantitative Aptitude section consists of certain questions marked with a star in this section which signifies a higher weightage. This also means that they can give you a higher negative marking if answered incorrectly. This section comprises of questions on Averages, Time and Distance, Functions, and Geometry. Time and Work, Mixtures and Allegations, Algebra, Percentages, Ratios, and Number Systems.
- Programming Language Efficiency contains MCQs which is related to basic programming concepts. The coding Test section comprises coding questions on Real-Time programming. There is an option to choose to code from the languages – C/C++/Java/ Perl and Python.
- Overall the level of the paper is moderate. Only those candidates who clear the written exam will qualify for the next round.
Required Skills For Freshers:
- Understanding the nature of Business Culture.
- should have practical knowledge of various programming languages like C, C++, Java, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, Analytical and logical thinking ability. • Able to do work in a team.
- Thorough understanding of issues while serving the problem.
- Identify, understand, and assess the requirements of the network system.
- Be able to solve any basic technical problems.
- Ability to relocate at any time.
How to apply for TCS off-campus drive:
- Visit the official website of TCS which is www.tcs.com.
- Click on the “Career” tab at the top of the page.
- A page will redirect to search for the job.
- Here enter all the fields by using the drop-down menu and proceed to search.
- Now the latest job openings will display on the screen with the applied filters.
- Pick the interested position and apply it.
- Fill out the form with the necessary details and finally submit.
- Note down the generated id and password for future use.